The Best Anti-Malware Scanner – MalwareBytes AntiMalware
This concise MalwareBytes Review covers only the free version of MalwareBytes anti-malware scanner because we currently do not find the features of the paid version justify the cost.
Malwarebytes’ Anti-Malware (MBAM) is a relatively new arrival on the anti-malware scene but one of the best in its class for anti-malware scanner and removal. It is specifically designed to find and remove malware that other anti-virus and spyware programs generally miss, including rogue security software, adware and spyware. The free version of MBAM is a lightweight but powerful malware scanning and removal utility while the paid version adds a form of real-time anti-malware protection. As of 2011, the NetizenGuide concludes that SUPERAntiSpyware Pro provides more effective real-time malware protection but MBAM Free is a powerful yet light-weight addition to your anti-malware scanning and cleanup arsenal.
MalwareBytes Review – features of MBAM at a glance:
- Very small lightweight anti-malware scanner (free version runs only during scans)
- Lightning fast scanning.
- Can full-scan all drives.
- Malware database updates at least every two days.
- Quarantine can hold threats indefinitely for later restoration or deletion (useful for unknown or potential false positives)
- Ignore list for areas you do not wish to scan (useful for known false positives, large archives, etc)
- "Smart" defaults but highly customizable scanning settings to enhance performance.
- Multi-lingual support.
- Fully compatible with other anti-malware utilities.
- Right-click context menu integration to scan single files on demand.